One-piece trough is easy to install - no joints to glue and dry, and no holes to be cut. Sump includes reinforcing ribs and drain plug for seasonal service.
Our 90-Degree "Around-the-Corner" Kit is especially handy for wider house applications. Sump must be on the side with the longest pad length.
Heavy-Duty Submersible Pump features a cast-iron motor housing, upper & lower ball bearings, and 230-volt operation.
Clever sump tank design allows tank to be mounted at either end or in the middle of system.
Full-width plastic support tray under pads improves pad support and extends pad life.
System can be installed over Chore-Time's tunnel door to eliminate need for doghouse construction and curtain.
Reduce rapid temperature fluctuations by using the pulsing option of our CHORE-TRONICS® 2 Controls to wet just part of the pad for more precise control of cooling.
Reinforced, Continuous, One-Piece Trough
trough is made of heavy-duty, ultraviolet-resistant polypropylene and
has no problematic joints where leaks and breaks tend to occur in
- Fabric-reinforced trough material is proven under the harshest conditions and provides self-contained water storage.
competitors’ rigid plastic troughs, Chore-Time’s seamless trough design
is easy to install, saving time and expense on your new construction or
Open Top Design
- Unique, large 2-inch (5-cm) pipe and 5/32-inch (4-mm) water distribution holes.
- Uniform water distribution up to 75 feet (22.9 m), or 110 feet (33.5 m) with a center-mounted sump.
- See water jets and check water pressure easily.
- Easy access to pipe for cleaning.
- Pipe includes removable end plugs for cleaning.
- System includes rubber water-containment seals at system ends.
Well-Designed, Innovative Sump Tank
- Includes reinforcing ribs for greater strength and durability, and a drain plug for seasonal service.
- Reliable automatic float valve matches water supply to demand and helps maintain consistent pad wetting.
- Specially engineered to hold submersible pump and low water safety switch. (Switch is included in standard system.)
- Clever design allows tank to be mounted at either end or in middle of system.
- Convenient bleed-off valve and easy access shut-off.
Designed for Easy Pad Maintenance
- Full-width plastic support tray under pads improves pad support and extends pad life.
- Pads are easy to remove for cleaning without hardware or tools.
- Trough provides self-contained water storage.
- Standard 45/15 fluting and 12-inch (30.5-cm) pad width.
- Pad heights: 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 feet (0.5, 0.9, 1.2, 1.5 or 1.8 meters).
- Standard pad includes black protective coating.
- Protective bottom coating is optional.
Explanation of Evaporative Cooling Process
Evaporative cooling is the process of reducing air temperature by the
evaporation of water in the air stream. The best performing systems
draw incoming air through a wetted pad at the inlet of the ventilation
system. As air passes across the great amount of surface area within the
pad, BTUs of heat are removed from the air, lowering the air
The more water that is evaporated, the greater the temperature
reduction. Also, the drier the air at low relative humidity, the greater
the ability of evaporation to take place. During the hottest time of
the day, when cooling is needed, generally the humidity will be low, and the air can be cooled several degrees.